Wednesday, March 23, 2016

WonHundred Word Wednesday: Lose Everything


Oh my, it's Wednesday and it's late. But I'm here! I've got another Regency for ya today. So travel back to 1820, London, England

The prompt: If you leave now, you lose everything.

My story:


I remained still, one hand on the doorknob, refusing to break Father’s stare, though my heart thudded painfully.

“If you leave now, you lose everything. I will ensure you receive nothing of the inheritance,” he said, his voice as cold as his eyes.

Losing the money meant little now. I did not lower my gaze.

Seeming to sense my resolve, Father lowered his voice. “Understand me, child, I do mean everything. The inheritance, your home, your family.”

My mouth fell open.

He smirked, knowing he had me trapped.

My brain worked furiously. Was true love worth trading for my family?


Don't forget to check out the other stories by heading to our Facebook page! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment