Wednesday, June 4, 2014

WonHundred Word Wednesday: Home


Here it is again, WonHundred Word Wednesday! In case you're new here, here's how it works: Each week myself and a handful of other awesome writers take a prompt and write a 100 word story based on that prompt. We then post our stories and the links to the other blogs so you can share in the awesomeness! It really is cool to see where each writer takes the prompt.

This week's prompt: "In all the years I've lived here, I never once called this place my home."

My story:



In all the years I've lived here, I never once called this place my home. Maybe that’s because it’s not. Don’t get me wrong, I know this place well, so well it’s become boring. I know I’m not supposed to be here, but I can’t seem to leave. I've tried with everything I have left. But my prison does its job well, keeping me down, holding me in. Every morning I gaze out a dusty window, almost able to feel an ache where my heart used to be. Not even death can free me. After all, you can only die once.


As always, I would love to hear what you think, and be sure to check out the other stories!

Wendy Knight, Author: www.wendyknightauthor.blogspot.com
Kelly Martin, Author: www.kellymartinbooks.blogspot.com
Alison Woods (Peering Into. . .): http://alisonmillerwoods.wordpress.com/
Jessica Winn, The Distracted Writer:http://thedistractedwriter.com/

4 comments:

  1. This would make a great story starter. If you write it--I'd love to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the feel of this. I could definitely keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Super intrigued. I'm wondering if "die" is literal in this sense or not. Either way, this is an awesome piece.

    ReplyDelete