Tuesday, November 27, 2012

No-No Na-No Progress Update

Three days left until the end of the National Novel Writing Month Challenge! I can't believe that a whole month has gone by already. I don't know if it was just me, but November has flown by. Where does the time go?

This last week has been very successful! On Thanksgiving day, I completed Project #1! (Let's call it Molly's story.) My contemporary romance is complete! Well, except for all the editing work that is ahead. I was not being smart when I started writing this one and, as I think I've said before, I needed to revise a lot. Now comes the process of rereading, editing, correcting flow, and oh yeah, splitting it into chapters might be a good idea too. Yeah, right now its one long (long, long, long) story, no chapters. Like I said, not smart writing and lots of work ahead. But I think I'm going to shelf this one for a month or two (depending on what happens with Circumstance) and give it a pair of fresh eyes then. I don't love the idea of shelving Molly's story, but if I do shelf it for a while it will be because I'll be working on something else very fun and exciting! More on that later!

Progress on Project #2, the Regency short story, is coming along very nice. Today's writing session led to a turn of events I wasn't totally planning on, but I like where it has taken my characters. It's always interesting when that happens. I'm really enjoying this little story. I look forward to sharing it with you. As of now I have 14,138 words written in that story.

My grand total: 45,625 words! With three days left to complete the goal of 50,000 words, I'm thinking I can make it! Hopefully even surpass it! Best of luck to all you Na-No Writers out there!

1 comment: