Wednesday, March 14, 2018

WonHundred Word Wednesday: Like Father Like Son

I'm back! After taking a (way too long) hiatus, I'm excited to be back and writing these flash fiction pieces again. So, without further ado:

Prompt: She told him he looked like his father.

My Story:


The woman looked up at Slate. “This won’t work.”

“Don’t be so pessimistic,” he mumbled.

She told him he looked like his father.

Slate ground his teeth. His father was the exact opposite of everything he was. And he refused to let Slate forget it.

“He won’t let you go through with this.” Her voice was confident, her expression defiant. “He’ll stop you. Again.”

Slate’s mouth curved up into a sneer. “Fortunately, where he is, he’ll never be able to interfere again.” He held a knife to her throat. “Now, will you help me? Or must I kill you too?”

No comments:

Post a Comment